Thursday, September 1, 2011

Charles Harbutt-smoking in room

1. Travelog, Charles Harbutt,1973
2. P.56, P.97
3. All the people in the photo are looking at her  and her missing Face. The face was cut out, so it makes me wonder how pretty she is. She’s the only bright dress color in the picture that will make the eyes focus on her.
4. The title of the picture is home, which has two empty chair there. It makes me feel want to sit down with my family and chat with them because we haven’t gather together for a while. The tree behind it gives me a feeling that how it grows up with us and protect the house.  The whole picture feels like in the back yard of my house.
5. I read few of the photography books in the library, but this one caught my eyes by how all the pictures he took is quite of interesting for me.
6. Some of his picture can talk. It makes me thinking about what was going on in the picture and why and how he took it. He also has strong images too.  When he took the picture of the world, it’s all from different part of the angle to look at the same spot we’ve been to.
7. I think if taking a picture of living thing, the best way is they act natural. Just like they never notice there was a camera there.   For an object, see it with a different way that everybody else does. Everyone’s perspective is unique. Observe is always important than everything. We see the same things everyday over and over again, but we never actually really observe or took a close look at it. I believe the camera will help us to find and discuss the whole new way to look at things with its eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment