Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week 3-Written Assignment


Blind Boy-CharlesHarbutt

1. Photo draws your eye, catches your interest. This photo got my attention because of  the boy's position. I wasn't sure what he was doing until I read the title, the blind boy. It got my attention also because the light was on him and looks like he was searching for something. 
2. Angle or point of view. Angle is definitely interest me. It gives me a feeling that I'm actually looking at the boy from behind of him.  
3. Makes the viewer think or react emotionally. I think if I was at the room with the boy, I really want to give him a hand or join him to "look" for something together.
4. Has a message, or pushes barriers. I think it might be telling me that the blind boy is trying hard to feel the world even know he can not see anything.
5. The subject matter is interesting. The way he is touching the wall feels like he is trying to understand what is a "wall."  
6. Tells a story. Again, He try to feel stuff around him.
7. Catches the ‘critical moment’ when action is at it’s peak. I'm not sure if he was trying to stand up or do something, it could be a moment that everything can happen after this.
8. Clear focus of photo (both the sharpness and primary subject matter). It's a wide view, but i think the white light on the boy drag your eyes more to it.
9. Design elements: composition, framing, lines, movement. I think the picture on the wall is interesting, maybe the blind boy draw it. composition is good.
10. Lighting interesting. The ling at the middle of the picture put my eyes focus on him. 
11. Technically proficient (exposure, focus, etc).  I think it just focus on the boy.
12. Good printing: frame, paper, size, all match content. There is no frame for this picture, but I still think its a good picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment